EnableTech Home believes accessibility should be a fundamental right for everyone with disabilities. If you’re building a new home or renovating an existing one, we provide disability & accessibility planning & construction in Edmonds. We want to help you create an inclusive and accommodating space for all.
- Assessment of Needs: The first step in disability and accessibility planning is to assess the specific needs of the individual(s) who will be using the space. This involves considering factors such as mobility, vision, hearing, and cognitive abilities.
- Design and Layout: Once the needs have been assessed, the design and layout of the space can be planned. This includes the placement of doors, windows, and fixtures and the installation of ramps, lifts, and other accessibility features.
- Cost Estimation: Once the design has been finalized, an estimate of the project’s cost can be provided. This will depend on the specific needs of the individual(s) as well as the scope of the project.
We offer a range of options for planning and construction:
- Wheelchair-accessible features include the installation of ramps, wider doorways, and the adjustment of counter and sink heights to accommodate wheelchair users.
- Audio and visual accessibility features include the installation of aids such as audio announcements, visual alarms, and braille signage for individuals with hearing or vision impairments.
- Adaptive technology includes the integration of smart home technology, voice-activated systems, and other assistive devices that can make daily life easier.
- Universal design involves the incorporation of design features that are usable by all individuals, regardless of their physical abilities. This includes features such as lever door handles, rocker light switches, and non-slip flooring.
We are committed to providing quality disability & accessibility planning & construction in Edmonds. Our experts work closely with you to develop a design plan and provide a detailed cost estimate for your project. Contact us today at (425) 414-8540 to learn more about how we can help you create an inclusive and accommodating space for all.